Saturday, May 30, 2009

Nailing Jelly

Got into the office early today, because it’s one of those days when Laurie is in. He hasn’t yet arrived. There truly is a limit to the amount of random subjects you can think up to Google just to keep yourself occupied.

The morning passes. I take a two-hour lunch. Bored, I walk to the beautiful Botanic Gardens where I light up a joint I rolled this morning.

Stoned, I walk round to the Opera House, then through Circular Quay.

At three in the afternoon, while I’m flaming an illiterate yahoo on an Internet forum, Laurie walks in. Finally, I’m about to get some work.

But he says, “Roy, you’ve got to give up the cigarettes, they’re no good for you.”

I attempt to remind him that I quit the habit three years ago, which I’ve told him several times, but he holds up his hand to silence me.

“Nup, just give up the smokes!” he says, and then he’s out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment