Sunday, May 24, 2009

I woke up at seven in the morning today with really strong cravings for Taco Bell hot sauce.

Well that’s not actually the entire story.

I woke up because I was having this dream.

I was on a plane, a big plane like an airline

plane that landed in the middle of the forest.

It was okay though, we were supposed to land

there. I was in the middle seat and had fallen

asleep. The lady in the window seat woke me up

so she could get off the plane. I stood up and

got my bag from the overhead compartment, I never

check my bags because they always lose my luggage.

I remember feeling quite smart for doing so this

time as we had landed in the middle of the forest

and clearly there was no ground crew or baggage

claim area to handle sorting out the luggage.

I got off the plan realizing I had no idea where

I was and no recollection of actually getting on

the plane, but I knew I had a bag in the overhead

compartment, so it must have been intentional.

I started walking until I came to an auditorium

in the woods. It had been long since over run with

vegetation, it was more like some kind of Greek ruin

really. I went inside, where they had just finished

the Miss America pageant, I walked backstage into

the dressing room where I saw a girl with a round

face that looked like an anime Peanuts character.

She was quite lovely in a basketball headed china

doll sort of way. I asked her how the pageant went

and she told me it had gone well and she had won.

I congratulated her and then asked if she would

mind telling me where we were. She said thank you

and that we were in San Diego.

I remember a strong feeling of despair because

of the lack of Taco Bell locations in San Diego.

Then I woke up and rushed to the kitchen with a

strong craving for Taco Bell hot sauce.

Strangely enough. I had gone to Taco Bell yesterday,

and brought several extra packets home with me.

I opened a “fire” packet first and squirted it

directly into my mouth. I chased it with another

packet of “hot”.

Thank God I’m not in San Diego,

I would be freaking out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment